Thursday 23 August 2012

Raya 2012 Preparation!

Salam everyone. It was more than a month of preparing for Hari Raya (Syawal 2012). Been doing things properly, planned every single thing til the day came. Everything furnished! 

This was some of the House Faulty that I have to face before Raya came


Well, I should've taken picture of the actual "BEFORE" small-renovation done to my living room & kitchen but I was helpless at that time was so tired and very busy to take picture. And here it is the "AFTER" picture.

 I know it's not as gorgeous as what you may think, nevertheless - Home sweet Home!


And what makes me happy even more when everything is set-up, Food is packed, Green Packet been concealed and simply ready for Raya! (This time no last-minute)

Things done and bought for this renovation, 

1) Bought 2 sets of kitchen cabinet
2) 3 sets of wall paint (Purple for kitchen, Red for Living room & White (Outside)
3) New Cushion Set

Please be reminded, before that you can say I am wasting (Membazir), after for how many years we have been using the same thing over & over, the year 2012 is the year we need a lil bit of changes! We have been purchasing things earlier way too far before Raya came. This is to be taken into account is our Baju Raya, Yes... I have been planning what materials and colour to wear this coming raya as early as March and sending them to the boutique in April and it's done by end of May!

You know, year 2012 is just perfect! Alhamdulillah with the help of expert (i.e. My beloved Mommy) everything went well. 

One tips from her to share with you guys about how to plan your financial before raya is... prepare things as early as possible and purchase what you want to purchase one after another. For e.g. March's salary you buy Kain for Raya, April's salary you pay your tailor, May's salary you buy furniture (when needed), June's salary you purchase sofa (when needed), and the list goes on (when needed!)

 That's tips from Mom! I have encountered a lot of last minute examples whereby all of the above-mentioned specifically preparing Baju Raya only for 'a month' before raya (this is typical! common! in Brunei) and frankly speaking I hate it! Why? 1) Rushing, 2) No guarentee the tailor would be able to get it done on time! 3) Big possibility the tailor would sew our baju hantam-hantam as a result "imperfect" - & of course some may "COMPLAINT" (and definitely a BIG NO time to alter it!) True heh? So, think of it!

So, here it is, while people is busy doing things, I am busy relaxing... :) Mind my word, don't think of the harsh-wise! But think of the True-wise. (Mind my ENGLISH) 

P/s: I only have one baju Raya this year! Great for those who use their last year's baju raya & bad for them who've had more than one baju raya this year.

Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri people! :)

Till then,



0 comments:

 

designer : anniebluesky : www.bloggeruniversity.blogspot.com