Sunday 31 January 2010

A voice of BLISS~


A Voice for Bliss
By T.A.

All that I have ever wanted, I have received. All that I have ever sought, I have attained. All I have ever needed, I have.

My bliss has left me with spiritual blisters from traversing into the deepest and darkest depths, searching for my crown jewel. A road less traveled and a path not yet beaten forever pulling me toward my desires. Everything has a cost or price. I often wonder what a fine line must exist between enlightenment and insanity. I wanted to travel in order to discover and learn. I did and I found myself far from home planting roots, becoming like Socrates having all that I desired within the walls of my fair city.

I can see the whole world out my window. I pursued a college education in Cultural Anthropology. It took me ten years but I received that piece of paper stating my accomplishment. I dreamed of love and meeting someone on the other side of the globe. Instead, as fate would have it I met my wife on the other side of the state lines. Together we dreamed of having a family and together we conceived of three ornery but beautiful children.

All within three years (Lesson #1: be careful what you wish for).

I dreamed of an old and large home for my family. We found that home. It resides in a ghetto. We reside within its walls. I wanted to have my own business. My wife and I run our business six blocks from our home. My dreams, wants, and pursuits have all led me to finding my true bliss.

I love public speaking and feeling like an evangelical of positive thinking. My travails in attaining what I want have led me into a life with meaning and purpose. I am a community activist, editor/writer for a community newsletter, an active and vociferous leader, public speaker, and a neighbor to and for many of our cities lost voices. I’m not paid one red cent, but I derive more joy and unintentional focus from my efforts to be a positive influence in a neighborhood ubiquitous to many urban areas across the United States, but unique to me.

Following my bliss is relating to others, giving them a message of hope, providing methods for their successes, and showing them the rewards of taking the Hero’s Journey. We are never far from our mythological existence and experiencing the awe inspiring life that is ours by simply living this three word mantra:

“Follow your bliss”

0 comments:

 

designer : anniebluesky : www.bloggeruniversity.blogspot.com